- Project: Dollar General Store
- Location: 4851 Marlboro Pike, Capitol Heights, MD
- Project Status: Completed
- Site: 7,500 sq. ft.
- Project Type: Development
- Partner: Arc Trust Inc.
Nashville-area based Dollar General is the largest small-box retailer in the country with more than 12,000 convenient locations in 43 states. Dollar General is publicly traded on the NYSE and, as one of the most respected retailers in the country, is included in the S & P 500. The company reported record sales ($18.9B), operating profit, and net income in Fiscal 2014. Dollar general has 112,000 + employees in the United States. The continued growth of Dollar General has enabled us to record 25 consecutive years of same-store sales increases. In 2014, Dollar General successfully opened 700 new stores. Dollar General plans to open 730 new stores in 2015.
PROJECT PLAN AND STATUS
- Velocity Capital LLC proposed the development of a 7,500 sq. ft. Dollar General.
- Significant population in this market which makes it very attractive to retailers with over 300,000 people in a 3-mile radius
- Property is zoned CSC and is a .75 acre parcel
- Project was completed in June 2015